Thursday, October 2, 2008
Life Is Good!
You can't turn on the news or look at a newspaper/magazine that doesn't have economic crisis written all over it. It seems like there are so many things in life to be down about right now. But there are some days where you just reflect and realize how blessed you are-today is one of those days! I was tired of dwelling on the scary things in life and realized after watching the Vice Presidential Debate that I'm so blessed every day (odd that the debate helped spark it I know). I have a wonderful husband who constantly shows me love and I have such a wonderful family, my own and the one I married into. I'm SO SO grateful that Aaron and I both have great health and realize that I should be better at improving it. We have a great apartment to live in and food and clothing each day. Lately I'm constantly reminded of the financial counsel we've received through the years from inspired leaders regarding debt and preparation. And although it's not a fun time economically to be getting through school on loans in San Diego of all places, Aaron and I are so blessed to have had the means to stay out of unnecessary debt (in part thanks to my 1993 car that has stayed trekking along since high school, knock on wood). We have more than enough in life and I couldn't ask for anything more. Aaron has the wonderful opportunity (and hopefully me too sometime soon) of getting an education in a field of interest. What a wonderful country that allows the ability to choose what you want to study. Life is good! I have one of the most optimistic husbands. One small example was a comment he made to me the other day that was like a smack in the face. I was watching the news and they were talking about a law suit that was filed against a hospital out here (which is a hospital I had hard feelings toward) because a couple's new born baby died. After we watched the segment I said, "That's horrible." Aaron then said, "Ya, but just think about how many lives they save a day that you don't hear about." It really put things into perspective. I'm grateful for those humbling experiences we have in life and trials we face along the way because we can choose to grow from them. Life is good in the Owens' home:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Penny! How are you? I totally agree with you. We are so blessed in our lives, sometimes it just takes a wake-up call to realize it. Take care.
Penny! You are so sweet & humble. It seems that we get so caught up in our daily lives, that we forget to take a second and think about the many blessings we have!! I'm glad to hear that the Owens life is good, I miss you so much!
You still workin at charlotte?? My birthdays comin up : ) haha! Aaron sounds like he's survivin school. When does he finish? Take care!
Dude. Could Aaron be any more perfect. You scored ya a good one there. :) Love you guys.
I so agree with you! Nolan and I were talking about that: in these times we really need to focus on what we have and the people we become! I love you Penny i miss you tons!
Penny! Hello dear friend. Sometimes it is hard to see the the glass as half full (esp when you are drinking ice cold pina coladas...refill) I get it, but it is still hard to count your many blessings.
Post a Comment