Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Beginnings

Last week was our New Beginnings. It turned out pretty dang cute and we had alot of fun watching the girls perform their skit. We based everything around "Follow the Yellow Brick Road." I got the idea from a leader in one of our relatives ward (thanks Heather!!)We ended up having the main theme be "Women of Strength, Courage, Intelligence & Love" and it went so well with the skit. Here are some pics from the night.
The cute place settings & program
The fun centerpieces. We had one for courage and the wicked witch but I guess I didn't get pics of those.The amazing cake made by Sister Trapp. She does an amazing job and it turned out so cute. I loved the "tempation" tornado and the poppies in the color of each value.
The cast! They had everyone laughing, it was an adorable skit. We had these made for each of the girls so they could personalize them that night. I got the idea from Sugardoodle.net of course!! They had a good time decorating them.

6 comments:

Zack and Victoria said...

So cute! You're awesome :o)

Jen said...

Wow, everything looks so great. You guys always have the cutest ideas.

The Breese Family said...

The girls love you I'm sure. I can totally see you being in the Y.W. presidency! Miss you and hope you're doing well.

tenacious d said...

That is so cute! You guys are so creative. The girls will remember that one forever.

Steph said...

AWESOME JOB, Penny!

Heather said...

That looks like it turned out so darling. I am happy that you could use the theme. I'll bet your YW really love you. You are a doll!!!