Friday, July 31, 2009

What a Fun Surprise!

On Wednesday the young women invited me to come to their activity. I was recently released so I was really excited to go back and visit. When I showed up and opened the door to the room we were meeting in the lights flipped on all of the young women and leaders were there to surprise me and Makayla with a baby shower! The place was decorated SO SO cute in pink and white. The young women did EVERYTHING! They planned it, made the food, decorations and thought up the cutest games. They had a special padded queen chair just for me that was right by the AC air vent (how thoughtful huh-I was so spoiled!). After the games they presented me with the most thoughtful and wonderful gifts. 2 of the Laurels painted the neatest Noah's Arc portrait, another group of Laurels picked out the cutest quilt material and then a girl took it home and has been working on it all summer. Then they all made the cutest diaper cake that was full of fun toys, socks, spoons, slippers, burp rags (that one of the girls made), washcloths and a cute pink outfit. I tell you these ladies are beyond talented! Since I wasn't expecting it I didn't have my camera but I took some these pics of the gifts when I got home. I'll post the party pictures once I get them from some of the girls. THANKS AGAIN GIRLS!The masterpiece that will hang above her crib
This picture doesn't give justice to the quilt at all. It's so adorable!

6 comments:

Janel Obray said...

Holy Cow!! That pix is so cute! Your Girls sure do miss you. I didn't know you were done with YM already?

farnsworthfamily said...

hope you dont mind, i was just browsing. im so happy for you. looks like life is treating you great. girls are so much fun, you will be great with her.

Melanie Hawkins Mangum said...

Pen that is the coolest surprise ever. The quilt and picture are so adorable! did you ever decide on a name? Congrats and glad all is well with you and your beautiful new family I cannot wait to see pictures of her on here. Loves to you all!

tenacious d said...

That is so cute! The YW in our ward are such a great bunch of girls, and you were a great YW president. Don't you love that you'll now always have momentoes from that time in your life?

The Jensen's said...

that is so exciting! Congrats! I'm sure you are so excited for your new adventure as a family. HOPE you are doing well!
Karalee

The Trythalls said...

Oh Penny those girls loved you. I can only imagine how great you were with them and how great you will be with your new little girl. Congrats on everything that is happening with you!