Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sandi Lynn Owens' Birthday!

Well it's been a week since our little girl was born and we've had so much fun learning how to be parents:) We went to the hospital early Thursday, November 12th for a cesarean delivery. Everything went really well with the surgery except for the fact that they still had to use the vacuum to get her out! That's right, our little girl was too cozy in there. As soon as they got her out the assistant surgeon said, "I sure hope you have bows because this girl has a lot of hair." She looks just like her daddy (but a girly version of course).
Her stats: Sandi Lynn Owens; 7 lbs 150z; 19.5 inches long; time: 11:13am. After they cleaned her up Aaron got to come put her by my head. I was throwing up from the morphine so I didn't really get to hold her right off like I wanted to but we still bonded immediately after I felt better which was the neatest feeling in the world. We finally got to come home 3 days later and we were all excited to get into the swing of things in our own home. Aaron is such a great daddy and he loves to calm her down when she's screaming during diaper changes:) I'm very lucky to have such a great husband to help out and wake up with me during the night when things aren't going the best. She's a great baby and is so good to be patient with us new parents while we learn how to take care of her. Here are some pictures of Sandi's birthday.

Packed ready to go to the hospital to meet our daughter.

Showing off my sexy hospital gown look

Aaron all prepped for the O.R.

She's finally here!

She's letting us know with her little hand that she's A-Okay!

Aaron getting ready to hand her to me for the first time

Finally meeting little Sandi. I just wanted to give her a big hug but of course they're too fragile

Proud dad! (notice the hair resemblance)

The nurse let Aaron pick out her first hair bow. When they brought her in like this I got emotional. She's perfect!

Sleeping in mom's arms while in the hospital bed

VISITORSGrandma Robins was there to meet Sandi after the delivery

Grandma and Grandpa Owens got to meet her in the hospital too

Tatum and Matt came to visit. Sandi loved looking around to find Matt when he moved or talked

Finally home! Her little cheeks plumped up once she was home and eating better. I just love this picture of her (even though it looks like I should have supported her neck better. I'm still learning!)

All in all Aaron and I couldn't be more grateful for how things went and how fast I've been able to recover. Our little girl is perfect and we love to just stare at her, read her stories, play on the floor with her and dad is of course trying to get her to enjoy basketball games so I get things done around the house while they watch games together. Thanks to everyone for your help and support. We appreciate all the congrats we've received.

19 comments:

Tatum said...

Such a beautiful post for your beautiful baby girl!! I'm so happy for you guys and I love that we live so close so I can watch little Sandi grow!!

Marci and Chris said...

She's beautiful!! Love all the dark hair! Congrats!

ty and ash said...

Congratulations Penny!! She is absolutely beautiful! So tiny and perfect. Enjoy every second, they grow so fast!!

tenacious d said...

She is just so sweet! Thanks for posting these cute pics.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures.

The Hammer's said...

She looks so cute. congrats! you will have so much fun

Beth said...

What a sweet baby. We are so excited for you. The kids bless her and the other new babies every night to be healthy and not get sick like zane.. (she won't dont worry you dont have all the extra kid germs like we did) Congrats.I am glad the c-section wasnt too bad

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

She is so adorable. I loved reading your story. You two will be great parents! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

The Trythalls said...

Oh Pen, I am so happy for both of you! She is adorable and lucky to have such great parents. We will come and visit soon.

Jen said...

I'm jealous of Tatum. I want to live close. Can you guys move here please? I promise you'll love it.

stacie said...

Penny!!! She is such a doll. I can't wait to meet her. I hope you are recovering nicely. I am really excited to chat with you. Love you!!! I am so happy that everything turned out so well.

Desiree said...

Love it! She is just absolutely perfect and you guys sound so happy!! ... Tear. :)

Jade, Maclee, Briten & Jalee said...

Penny she is absolutly gorgeous Congrats!

The Breese Family said...

I too love that last picture. She is perfect. I'm so happy for you.

Cindy said...

congrats! she is a doll.
Little girls are so much fun> You make such a cute mommy.

Luke and Mariah said...

Oh my goodness Penny!!! She is soooo beautiful!!! Congratulations on becoming a mom! It's crazy but the greatest thing ever! Take care!!

Luke and Mariah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie said...

Congrats Penny and Aaron! She is so beautiful! I'm glad things went well for all of you.

The Masons said...

I can't believe all that beautiful hair!! She is gorgeous!! Congrats!!!