Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What A Great Night


So I wanted Aaron and I to go have a special night out together before the baby comes (I hear you really miss those fun nights out once babies are in the picture). I didn't want to talk about baby stuff, I just wanted it to be like old times:) So we went to a local brewery that has awesome food and because I LOVE their rootbeer then the plan was to go see a movie. Well after dinner I was kinda feeling tired and plus I was thinking to save money we should just rent a movie and go back to our place and be comfortable while we watch the movie. Best idea ever! Aaron got me excited to just go buy the movie "Up" and we could go home and make hot cocoa. We went to Target and bought way more than just a movie (thus not saving the money I was hoping for).
OK so the movie "Up" IS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE! I cried my eyes out in a few places in the movie. Yes I have raging hormones right now but even if I didn't I still would have been just as choked up. The whole story line was so neat to me. There is just something about old people and their love for their spouse that gets to me. When I used to work as a CNA I just loved sitting down with the elderly (especially the men) and listen to stories they told about their spouses and just as the movie portrays they would do anything to fulfill their dream. Those with dementia couldn't tell you their own birthday or what they did a minute ago but they could tell you how they met their love and exactly how he/she looked that first date. There is nothing like the love of two people who have spent a lifetime enjoying it. Anyways, Aaron wasn't thinking he was buying a love story movie that would make me cry but it's the best love story ever! Afterward I made him list some goals to put in our "Adventure Book!" Great date night!!

7 comments:

Riley and Brittney said...

I love that movie. And don't worry, I'm not pregnant and I still bawled like a baby!!

Hazlett Family said...

I am glad you got out on a date because there are fewer date nights with just the two of you when the baby comes. It was a cute movie. We dressed up as the characters for Halloween. Go check out our blog and you will see the pics.

tenacious d said...

Cute! I hope that you really have an adventure book.

BarbarellaM said...

Old people like Uncle Dan and I - 25 years strong. The key to a long marriage is a good sense of humour - about yourself and others.

The Trythalls said...

Oh my goodness i cried too! That was the sweetest movie ever. By the way congrats again!!

The Jensen's said...

Oh that is so cute. we watched it the other night & it brought a glisten to my eyes. i'm excited for you guys 7 know you will be great parents
karalee

The Jensen's said...

congrats. chelo showed me the pic of your little baby... What a head of hair! she is so cute
karalee